Our summer fundraiser, The Kindness of Strangers, will be available for viewing July 31 at 7 pm CST through August 14 at midnight CST. We welcome your donations of any amount for viewing this event, and they are 100% tax deductible. We appreciate the generosity of our donors and could not sustain our programming without your support!
Become a Donor
The generosity of our Festival donors helps us provide quality programming and keep our ticket costs as low as possible. Your donations are tax deductible, and we have flexible payment options.
You can make an outright gift or consider one of these creative ways to give:
- Honor someone you love, or someone who loves the Festival, by donating in their name for special occasions such as birthdays, weddings, graduations, anniversaries, or just because you want to honor them.
- Give in memory of departed friends or loved ones through a memorial donation.
Click the Donate button below for more information.
Your donation will go to general operational support of the Festival, and will help pay for literary events, theater events, and educational outreach. You may always give anonymously, without public recognition, if you wish.
In 2018 the Festival established the “Eternity Fund” and by meeting our goal of $10,000, we received a $5,000 grant from the Greater New Orleans Foundation. The GNOF Freeman Challenges grant was to help organizations establish a cash reserve fund.
Named the “Eternity Fund” (from a line from A Streetcar Named Desire), the campaign helps ensure long-term stability for our 30+-year old festival that celebrates and shares the enormous wealth of literary and cultural traditions that enrich our unique region. Establishing a cash reserve reflects prudent financial planning and preparation for our future.
Thank you to everyone who helped us meet this important goal in 2018 and to those who continue to add to our Eternity Fund for future success. Click on the link below to donate.
Did you know you can help ensure the Festival’s future through your estate and planned gifts? Donors who intend a gift through their estate become recognized patrons of the Festival.
Ways to give through estate and planned gifts:
- Name the Festival in a will (bequest). See naming instructions below.
- Designate life insurance proceeds to the Festival or donate a life insurance policy for cash surrender.
- Transfer stock to the Festival. Significant capital gains tax savings and income tax deductibility are available. Please notify us in advance of an intended stock donation.
- Name the Festival a beneficiary of a retirement plan, IRA, 401(k), or 403(b).
To name/designate the Festival in your will/trust or as a beneficiary of an insurance policy or any planned gift, please use the following language:
The Tennessee Williams–New Orleans Literary Festival, Inc., Tax ID#: 72-1088036.
For more information on planned gifts , bequests, and gifts of stock, please contact Board Vice President Sara Woodard at email@example.com or by calling 504-581-1144, or your professional tax, legal, or financial advisor.