2017 Poetry Contest Winners
Tina Lentz // Austin, Texas
Brooke Larson // Lafayette, Louisiana
Jacob Boyd // Chicago, Illinois
Nicholas Goodly // Jonesboro, Georgia
Keith Kopka // Tallahassee, Florida
Chad Foret // Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Jeffrey Schneider // Ellenville, New York
Phyllis Peters // Rochester, New York
Christine Bettis // Las Vegas, Nevada
Laura Foley // South Pomfret, Vermont
Trevor Tingle // Richmond, Virginia
Julia Thacker // Cambridge, Massachusetts
2017 Poetry Contest Information
Judge: Peter Cooley
- VIP All-Access Pass ($500 value) for the Festival
- Publication in Louisiana Cultural Vistas Magazine
- Public reading at the next Festival
The top nine finalists will receive a panel pass ($75 value) to the Festival. Their names will be published on this site.
- The contest is open to writers who have not yet published a book of poetry with an ISBN number.
- Authors who have published in other genres are eligible.
- This contest is for emerging writers. Please submit work that has not won other prizes or contests (even if poems were unpublished).
- Submit 2-4 original, unpublished poems of any style or theme, written in English, with a combined length of up to 400 lines.
- Type and number all pages in your entry.
- Please use standard fonts such as Times New Roman, Arial, or Georgia in 12 point font size.
- Author’s name should not appear on the submission.
- Unlimited entries per person. Simultaneous submissions accepted. Please notify the Festival if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Please take the judges of the contest into consideration. If you know the judges personally, or have ever attended classes or workshops they instructed, please send manuscripts that the judges would not have seen before.
Entry Fee: $15
Contest Deadline: November 15, 2016
Announcement: The winner and finalists will be announced by late February of 2017.
Online Entry: Online submissions are preferred and must be in .doc,. docx, .rtf, or PDF formats. We accept entries via Submittable.
Mail Entry: Send your manuscript and check or money order for $15 (made out to the: Tennessee Williams Literary Festival) to:
Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival
938 Lafayette Street, Suite 514
New Orleans, LA 70113
Do not send submissions by certified mail or signature required delivery.
Manuscripts will not be returned. Please do not send return envelopes with postage.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com