NEWS & UPDATES
Our 2020 ONLINE AUCTION opens November 16, so get ready to shop!
Stay safe and healthy this holiday season by bidding on items from your own home. Support local businesses by shopping our online auction of unique items, including jewelry, artwork, hotel stays, gift certificates, and more.
- Original painting of Tennessee Williams by artist Timothy Cummings featured on the TWFest program cover
- Hotel stays from The Old No. 77 Hotel & Chandlery, Pontchartrain Hotel, and more
- Dining from Café Degas, Brigtsens, Atchafalaya, Jacques Imo’s, Mr. Gregory’s Shrimp Boil Experience, Mandina’s, and many more
- Resort package including a two-night stay, dining, and golf from Scarlet Pearl Casino
- A Tennessee Williams collection from New Direction Publishing
- Glass Menagerie-themed Muses’ shoe and parade swag
- Clothing, accessories, jewelry from New Orleans boutiques
- Cake a Month Package from Maurice’s French Pastries
- Excursions with Beyond the Bayou Swamp Tours, New Orleans Museum of Art, Ogden Museum of Southern Art, and more
- Gift Baskets from Southern Candymakers, Aunt Sally’s Praline Shop, French Truck Coffee, Blue Cypress Books, and more
The auction opens at 9 am CST November 16 and closes at 8 pm CST December 5. Shop with convenience and support the Tennessee Williams & New Orleans Literary Festival’s programming and educational outreach.
Let the bidding begin! https://bidpal.net/twfest
More online events to come! Check back often, sign up for our newsletter, and follow us on social media to stay updated on programming and opportunities.
What is TWFest?
We are a five-day literary arts festival held every spring right around March 26, the birthday of our patron saint and inspiration, playwright Tennessee Williams. Our Festival is perfect for readers, writers, theater lovers, and anyone who loves New Orleans’ magical culture.
Events include writing workshops and master classes by acclaimed writers, enlightening and entertaining literary panel discussions, theater events, book fair, Tennessee Williams Tribute Reading, Tennessee Williams scholars conference, literary walking tours, music events, Books & Beignets book club, culinary and cocktail events, interviews with legendary writers and actors, and much more!
Now in our 35th year, TWFest brings together over 100 contemporary writers, scholars, actors, musicians, and other artists for five days of literary revelry in the lush Bohemian world of New Orleans.
For a taste of the Fest, view our most recent program book by clicking on the cover image. Our 2020 Festival was cancelled due to the pandemic but stay in touch for 2021 news!
Saints + Sinners LGBTQ Literary Festival is held every March in tandem with TWFest. A program of TWNOLF, SASFest includes panels, readings, workshops, and special events. Visit sasfest.org for full program information.