How can I be a presenter/panelist/performer?
The Tennessee Williams & New Orleans Literary Festival accepts proposals for participating in our Festival from May 1 through October 15 for the next spring’s Festival.
Most of our programming is confirmed through publishers whose authors have new books launching close to our festival dates. Published authors, however, may send proposals, but we encourage them to first look through last year’s program (available on our website at www.tennesseewilliams.net) to familiarize themselves with our literary programming, namely our writer’s craft sessions and literary discussion panels. Please note that we do not offer author or vendor tables.
After reviewing our programming, submit a proposal by mail that includes the following:
- Two copies of your completed book (galleys, ARCs, or manuscripts are fine). We will not consider electronic submissions of your book, and we do not accept books that are available only in electronic format.
- A press kit and/or link to a press kit/website with your bio, list of previous publications, reviews, etc. and high res author photo.
- Possible topics which you are available to discuss and/or specific writing workshop material you’re available to present.
- Details about your ability (or your publisher’s ability) to fund your own travel to New Orleans to promote your book. Note that we are a non-profit organization, and while we do offer a small honorarium for your participation, we do not pay speaker fees and have a limited travel budget.
Mail proposals to our office at:
Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival
Attn. Paul Willis
938 Lafayette Street Suite 514
New Orleans, LA 70113
LGBTQ authors are encouraged to also submit proposals as outlined above to our LGBTQ Literary Festival, Saints and Sinners, which will be held the same weekend as TWFest. Visit our Saints + Sinners website to familiarize yourself with our programming: www.sasfest.org
For music, theatre, culinary, or other proposals, email the following at email@example.com:
- Full name and contact info
- Link to your website
- Sample work
- Full proposal of your idea for a panel, workshop, or performance
Our program fills up quickly, so it’s better to submit your proposal as soon as possible, no later than October before the next Festival date.