Published authors are encouraged to look through last year’s program available on our website to familiarize yourself with our master classes, writer’s craft sessions, discussion panels, theater productions, and special events.
After reviewing our programming, submit a proposal by mail that includes the following:
- Two copies of your completed book (galleys, ARCs, or manuscripts are fine). We will not consider electronic submissions of your book, and we do not accept books that are available only electronic format.
- A press kit and/or online link to a press kit with your bio, list of previous publications, reviews, etc. and high res author photo.
- Possible topics which you are available to discuss and/or specific writing workshop material you’re available to present.
- Details about your ability (or your publisher’s ability) to fund your own travel to New Orleans to promote your book. Note that we are a non-profit organization, and while we do offer a small honorarium for your participation, we do not pay speaker fees.
Mail proposals to our office at:
Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival
Attn. Paul Willis
938 Lafayette Street Suite 514
New Orleans, LA 70113
LGBTQ authors are encouraged to also submit proposals as outlined above to our LGBTQ Literary Festival, Saints and Sinners, which will be held the same weekend as TWFest. Visit our Saints + Sinners website to familiarize yourself with our programming: www.sasfest.org
For music, theatre, culinary, or other proposals, email the following at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Full name and contact info
- Link to your website
- Sample work
- Full proposal of your idea for a panel, workshop, or performance
Our program fills up quickly, so it’s better to submit your proposal as soon as possible, no later than October before the next Festival date.